Making media available to all devices
MediaCode is an AWS-hosted workflow manager able to accept raw asset
files from content producers and channel them down a full processing
MediaCode manages all the steps involved in media file processing directly in the cloud: ingestion, encoding, subtitle embedding, quality control, and publication. Different, complex workflows are defined and managed by means of dynamic job templates taking advantage of AWS Step Functions.
The customer, a European tier-1 pay TV operator (700K subscribers by end of 2018), has set up an aggressive plan to modernize and grow their service in a highly dynamic market driven by content offer. Starting July 2018, Optiva Media took responsibility as the operator’s prime contractor forthe encoding of VoD media files using MediaCode...
Integration with media sources
- Media ingestion protocols: FTP/SFTP/Aspera
- Mezzanine formats supported: .mov, .mxf, .mp4, etc.
Media processing operations
- Transcoding to all usual formats/resolutions with AWS Elemental or ATEME TITAN File
- Quality control preferred technology: Interra BATON
- Watermarking (including forensic) preferred technology: Nagra NexGuard
- Modular architecture based on worker nodes makes it possible to integrate new technologies on request
- Arbitrarily complex user-definable job templates based on AWS Step Functions
- Web-based interface for job monitoring and control
- Priority and global capacity control
- Uses Amazon S3 for asset output, backup archiving to Amazon Glacier
- MPAA compliant
Integration with other MediaSuite components
- Integrated with MediaStream for synced metadata/media processing and publishing